Wednesday, April 13, 2022

MOVING PLACES

TL;DR: I'm putting the blog in an undetermined hiatus, moving and concentrating in the wiki version instead.

MOVING TO FANDOM!!!

LINKS:

A Crazy Gift of Time Wiki | Fandom

A Crazy Gift of Time Wiki | Fandom

A Crazy Gift of Time Wiki | Fandom

Hey hey people, how's going?

So, I think it's safe to say a few things I've been thinking in the past few months regarding the future of A Crazy Gift of Time, and why it has such an irregular frequency of posts, unexpected hiatuses and et cetera.

Back when I first discovered and started doing alternative histories, it was in the format I'm a lot more used to, which is the Wikipedia/Wikia/Fandom one. You can see by my writing style being far more technical and descriptive and less of a storyteller, and by me being more active on Alternative History Wiki rather than alternatehistory.com, Steve Hoffman, Blogger, and many other forum and blog-styled sites.

This also leads me to another point that I accumulate a lot, and I say a lot of side projects, in a lot of ways, still not including school stuff. Writing, digital art, composing music, other alternate histories, you name it. And then you have college and school stuff. In the past year, the blog entered into an unannounced hiatus due to the lot of work that I had, then Coronavirus, then job-seeking, college stuff, yadda yadda.

And recently, it kinda came up to me the realisation.. that I'm not that good of a story-teller! Not that it is a bad thing, but I don't think I could develop a cohesive story, mostly because I'm kinda inexperienced with storylines, and my English is limited (learnt it on my own, so this was expected, I guess). I mean, you can read a lot of my mannerisms in my writing. That's where the ACGoT Wiki enters:

I've been reposting the stuff from the blog in the wiki, as a database to all the albums and bands there will help me to compile and work in a flow that I'm a lot used to. Since there's not much of a storyline to be followed, I can concentrate individually in each band, while I can insert more bands whenever I get an idea, and maybe change a few things when it needed. Sounds a bit better to work it, and I can contribute everyday, ensuring to make everybody satisfied. That's to ensure a better quality to the work, independent of a certain storyline and specific dates, and making the timeline more active. Comments are available in the wiki if you wanna suggest anything or just give a shout out, go for it!

Hope you can understand my decision, and I think it will be better for everyone!


-Mass/Massacote.01/ChargedSpaceStation

No comments:

Post a Comment